Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Freebies and Newsletters
When you sign up to receive a freebie on The Opinionated Magpies you also provide us with your consent to receive periodic newsletters from us in connection with the content which you see on this website. We store your name and email address for the purpose of sending you newsletters via ConvertKit.
If you use any of the contact forms on our site to send a message, your name and email address are stored and further used to send you replies. Information provided via a contact form will not be used for any other purpose.
When you comment on our site we collect the data shown in the comments form as well as the visitors IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection
Collection of Usage Data
Usage data may include information such as your device’s IP address, browser type, browser version, information on the pages of our site visited, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
In addition, when you access our site via a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device used, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site or when you access the site by or through a mobile device.
Who Has Access To The Data We Collect?
Whilst we process and have access the data collected from you, the following third party also assists us with the same:
ConvertKit – https://convertkit.com/privacy/ (Email newsletter/marketing software)
Tracking technologies used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our service. The technologies We use may include:
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our site.
Examples of the Cookies we use are:
Session Cookies – We use Session Cookies to operate our site. These cookies do not retain any information on your device or send information from your device and are deleted when the session expires or is terminated when the browser window is closed.
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the site and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services cannot be provided. We will only use these cookies to provide you with the services under our site.
Preference Cookies – We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies – We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Legal Basis For Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
The personal data obtained by The Opinionated Magpies may be used for the following purposes:
* To provide and maintain our site, including the monitoring and usage of our site.
* To manage your Account: to manage your registration as a user of the site. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functions of the site that are available to you as a registered user.
* To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
* To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
* To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
* For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights.
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data.
If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. If you are concerned about data retention and wish to make sure that your information is removed, please reach out to as via email@example.com
Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Sharing of Personal Data
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
* With service providers: – We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our site, to contact you.
* With your consent we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Opinionated Magpies will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our site, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including personal data, is processed at The Opinionated Magpies offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances The Opinionated Magpies may be required to disclose your
personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a Court of Law or a Government agency).
The Opinionated Magpies may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
* Comply with a legal obligation
* Protect and defend the rights or property of The Opinionated Magpies
* Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the site
* Protect the personal safety of users of the site or the public
* Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is very important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our site does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.
If You are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
Our site may contain links to other websites that are not operated by The Opinionated Magpies.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Other Services Used By Us That May Track Your Data
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
Meta remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
- To learn more, visit here: https://www.facebook.com/business/ads/ad-targeting